Today is my day to post on the Scrappy Boy Stamps’ Inspiration Page and my card project features one of my favorite mermaid images from the latest Scrappy Boy release, MERMAZING. Mermaids seem to be all the rage lately and this set really lends itself to a variety of different occasions. I know you’re going to love it!
Bust out the following from your supplies, knowing you can substitue any of your supplies for what I have used. I just shared what I used for informational purposes, but it is perfectly okay to use what you have in your personal craft arsenal.
- White Card Stock for Base – 110 lb Hammermill cut, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Black Card Stock for Base Panel – 80 lb Cardstock cut, 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.
- White CardStock for Background Panel for Underwater scene – 110 lb Hammermill cut, 5 1/4 x 4
- Square piece of patterned paper from the coordinating paper pack, 2 1/2 x 2 1/2
- Square piece of patterned paper from the coordinating paper pack, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4
- Black cardstock for sentiment – 80 lb Cardstock cut, 4 1/4 x 1
- Matte for sentiment strip – Coordinating Colored Cardstock, 4 1/4 x 1 1/4
I used the Under the Sea stencil that was introduced with the release to create the background which is matted with a 1/8 inch border all around with black cardstock. This A2 size card was very fun to make. Using the stencil builder to create the backround was quick and easy. I used a combination of inks in my stash that complimented the colors in the patterned paper from this month’s release, as well.
After ink blending the background, I put through my BigShot with a die plate that makes stitched swirls, for added interest. You could use an embossing or use as is.
I used COPIC markers to color the image.
- Hair – T9, T7, V17, V15 and V12
- Dark Skin Combo – E59, E57, E15, E33, R22 and E31
- Light Skin Combo – E04, E11, E21, E00, R20 and E000
- Teal Combo – BG18, BG15, BG13, BG11 and BG10
- Purple Combo – BV04, BV02, BV00, BV000, BV0000
- Pink Combo – RV17, RV14, RV13, RV11 and RV10
- White Gel Pen – accents, scales, highlights
Finally, sentiment is embossed with Versamark Ink and silver embossing powder on the strip of black paper.
Thank you for stopping by and hope that I inspired you in some way. Stay crafty and don’t forget, HAVE FUN!