The main front panel started with a 6×6 piece of paper from the coordinating paper pack from this release. I then cut a piece of 12×12 paper in white in half and scored at 6 inches to form the card base. The panel was glued on top of the card base.
I stamped 3 images from the stamp set and pulled out my color wheel and decided on 3 colors to form my pallet: yellow, pink and blue. This forms a triangle on the wheel. It is called a triadic color scheme.
I chose the images with the bird, kitty and frog hoodies. The color blends used are:
- Light Skintone – E04, E11, E21, E00, E000 and R20 cheeks
- Dark Skintone – E59, E57, E15, E33, E31 and R22 cheeks
- Bird Hoodie – T9, T7, T4; Beak – Y23 and Y19 and T0 – white sections
- Brunette Hair -E59, E34 and E57
- Kitty Hoodie -BG0000 (white parts used to lay down shadow
- Blonde Hair -E25, Y26, Y21 and YR24
- Pink Bow & Shirt/Socks – FRV1 and RV00 – (Silver Spica pen dotted for glitz)
- Overall Shorts – FBG2 and BG000 (white gel pen for polka dots)
- Frog Hoodie & socks – FYG2, YG01, Y00
- Black Hair – BG02, C3, C5, 100
- Striped Dress – R20, R24, R39 and R39
I used a geometric basic stencil and the coordinating stencil from this release on top of one another to create an inked panel to show off my colored images. I matted the square in coordinating colors and cut strips of other patterned paper for added interest. The images were adhered to card with dimensional foam tape.