This slimline card was extremely fun to make because Kawaii Cuties from Stamp Anniething has so many images included in each set, slimline cards are how you can have enough real estate to hold ALL THIS CUTENESS!!!!!
I find myself wanting to be late sending all my birthday cards this year, because I am absolutely in love with this sentiment! How cute is the sentiment, “sorry, I’m Choco-late!”
To make this slimline card, I used one of StampAnniething’s slimeline dies. This one is a stitched scallop die. Next, I used a combination of distressed inks from my stash to ink blend the background. I used spun sugar, squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin, and at the very top I used a little bit of barn door to deepen the pink. I flicked some fresh, clean water onto the panel, as it will cause the distressed ink to react, and leave a bleached effect. I then mounted the ink panel onto a piece of card stock in a darker teal, giving approximately a quarter inch larger than the cut panel. The teal piece measures 3.5 x 8.5.
The first quarter release from Kawai Cuties by StampAnniething has some amazing sets. They are very versatile and you can mix and match on all different projects. This particular card uses the stamp set and coordinating dies from: Life is What You Bake It and I Will Never Dessert You.
I used COPIC markers to color my images. The following combinations were used:
- Banner colors – blue = FB2, FBG2, B01; pink = FRV1, RV14, RV13, RV10; Green – FYG2, G12, YG01; orange =FYR1, YR16, YR00
- Chocolates -Anything Chocolate – B66,E79, E77, E74, E71 – add highlights with white Posca Pen
- Pink frostings -RV10, R81,R83, R85
- Strawberry, Hearts & Red Icings – R21,R24,R29 / G07 (strawberry leaves)
- Madellines – Y23, YR21, YR23
- Cinnamon Roll Frosting – E40, E42, E43
- Jello – Y13, Y15, Y17, yR27, YR16
- Teal (dish, cake bows, candles, cupcake wrapper) – B01, BG01, BG49
- Display Case- C6, C4, C2, C0
- Cheeks on items- R20 and white gel accents
I heat embossed the sentiment using Silver embossing powder on the same colored card stock I matted my base with to keep everything coordinated. To finish off the card, I created a white card-base to adhere my finished panel to. Finished card size is folded, 3.5 x 8.5. The card-base was made with white 110 pound card-stock cut 7 x 8.5, scored at 3.5.
Products used can be located at https://stampanniething.com/
Mark your calendars for the second Tuesday of every month to get LIVE inspiration from ME on the Stamp Anniething Stampers FB page in a feature they call Mix It Up with Kelly!